Friday, March 1, 2013

...you just get stronger

Lately, I feel like life is playing a sick joke on me.. I'm just feeling sorry for myself, of course.. But even still, I've really been struggling. Before I attempt to explain myself, I'll go ahead and post some pictures and blog the positives!
Valentine's Day weekend, we headed down to Mesquite with momma bear and Tay for her soccer tournament.. It just so happened that Bryson's dad was gonna be 30 more minutes down the road, at the dunes. I'd never been before, and it was SO much fun! I wish I could go back..
We sported matching mohawks while on vacation..
It was honestly SO warm and just all around fun! I'm so thankful that my mom invited him to come with us. :)
For Valentines Day, my boy got me a promise ring.. in the past I wouldn't have EVER pictured myself going through with stuff this serious.. but really, I've never been so sure about ANYTHING, as I have been about being with Bryson. Every time I've prayed about it or thought about it, I have this peaceful and assuring feeling come over me, making me feel like I'm on the right track and in the right place. 18 is way too young, I know, but really.. I don't think this kind of stuff has an age limit. If it's right, it's right. I love him more and more everyday and I thank God every day for blessing me with him. p="">

In other news..
Track has started! And boy.. it's started with a bang. For almost two months, I've been lifting every other day for at least an hour. Now, throw in two hours of conditioning EVERY DAY, and I feel like I can run a marathon! (OK, not really). It's taking a huge toll on my body though.. I've already managed to strain my right quad muscle. My knee has been handling it like a champ though! 19 days till our first meet. :)

Okay, now onto my venting sesh.. Two weeks ago, Bryson's dad informed him that they would be moving back out to Riverdale.. throw in comp soccer and track for me, work and baseball for him, plus school everyday.. Life has gotten REALLY hard.. :( His dad has really handled all of this.. not the way he should've.. He's made Bryson pick up almost 30 hours every week, and is constantly yelling at him about how he's lazy, blah blah blah... 
Anyways, Bryson called me late the other night, in tears, after they were done moving.. nothing has ever made me so.. upset before in my entire life. It literally broke my heart having to listen. I reassured him that we were 2 months away from graduation, we'd be moved out, and that everything would be okay.. then got off the phone and bawled my eyes out for an hour. I think it's so unfair how such bad things can happen to such good people.. if I could trade situations with him, I would in a heartbeat.
Needless to say, we've definitely been going through quite the struggle lately.. it's just shown me more though, how much I care about him and want him to be happy. I've never wanted to really put anyone's happiness before my own, but I most certainly know what it feels like now. I just hope things start looking up..

No comments:

Post a Comment