Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our own mini disaster!

Some places have hurricanes.. Others have tornadoes or earth quakes... But not Utah! Nope. We have WIND STORMS! We had one the very first day of December, that was bad enough to keep us out of school. People everywhere lost power, some haven't had it even 24 hours! We lost it for a few hours, but were lucky enough to have it back on by around 5p.m. that day. Here's some pictures that I stole from the Standard Examiner website to show the damage....
And here's one I took myself as we drove past the church on 9th street...
It sure was a crazy day, and made me thankful for good ol' electricity! I don't know what we'd do without it. It was also cool to have something exciting happen to us.. Even if it did cause a lot of destruction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment